The Streetwalker and spouse

The Streetwalker and spouse
Deep River Chinese New Year 2011

Club Heaman

Club Heaman

Friday, July 30, 2010

Life at CFB Petawawa from 1938 to 1955

 I

 
 
Camp Petawawa developed from a place for soldiers only to a community with schools, churches, stores, movie theatres, curling rinks and hospitals. In the early years families lived in h huts. Slowly there were homes built. however life in those years was military structured and close knit. it was a unique life style that created a life long bond between the civilians and the military who lived there. I would love to hear more stories about that life. I plan to write about it for the 150th anniversary of Renfrew county. If anyone is interested in telling me more tall tales please phone me at  613-687-1476 or email me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment