The Streetwalker and spouse

The Streetwalker and spouse
Deep River Chinese New Year 2011

Club Heaman

Club Heaman

Monday, February 7, 2011

Definition of a "Street walker"

Atomic Energy of Canada LimitedImage via WikipediaIn the vernacular "Street walker" means prostitute. However in Deep River,Ontario, home of AECL research it has another  meaning. I was at a social function recently and saw a lady I know who is part of a walking group. She introduced me to her husband as "one of the street walkers".   Her husband politely said nice to meet you. I went to back to my seat and told the people at my table that I had been called a "Street walker". Some laughed and some looked puzzled. My friends "in the know" said I had been called a prostitute! My husband shrugged it off and said oh just those ladies who walk the streets in Deep River.
Yes the Deep River walking group know they have a reputation and enjoy it! They have named themselves the "Street Walkers" as these well known "pillars of the community:" walk around town three mornings a week and take over the streets as they walk down the centre of the road. Traffic beware- they rule. It is not wise in Deep River to "mess with the street walkers"! ( there may be prostitutes in Deep River but they dare not walk the streets on Monday, Tuesday or Thursday mornings.)   
 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment