The Streetwalker and spouse

The Streetwalker and spouse
Deep River Chinese New Year 2011

Club Heaman

Club Heaman

Monday, May 16, 2011

Exploring the men's washrooms at the Marguerite centre

EXPLORING THE MEN'S WASHROOMS AT THE MARGUERITE CENTRE
by Hilda Young

The Marguerite centre in Pembroke Ontario is a former convent that has been undergone a transformation into a combination retreat centre and long term care holding ward. As the early residents of the building were women there are more female toilets than mens. However in order to obey various regulations and accommodate male guests, a few toilets have been converted, or at the very least have sign on them saying male.
At the OIW writers retreat last week there was a discussion about the general facilities at the centre. One of the men., a retired lawyer, was complaining about the water pressure in the mens shower. As I consider myself a veteran of Marguerite centre facilities ,as I had attended many functions and retreats there, mostly for females I challenged Mel on his complaint. His long time friend Norm says he always complains.. Who do I believe- a lawyer or a quiet unassuming man? Well I felt I had the reputation of the Marguerite centre to uphold! So I challenged Mel to take me to the mens washroom on the third floor, where the sleeping accommodation was arranged according to the sexes, and show me his problem! We took the stairs two at a time to get to the problem area as quickly as possible! Mel made a great production of knocking on the outside door and asking if there was anyone using the facilities..( All the other men in the group were downstairs at the time)
We boldly marched in to check out the facilities. I noted that they were more spartan than the women's as we had three bath tubs with hand held showers in each area. Our bath tub rooms were self contained with doors we could lock! I felt sorry for the poor men who had only one shower with a curtain.. And Mel was right the water pressure was low! So I almost felt sorry for my lawyer friend! I promised to tell Norm that Mel does not always exaggerate!
When we returned to the group I said we had gone to the mens washroom. Mel said it was innocent. The rest of the knowledgeable retreatants said they knew! No secrets- our characters had already been judged by the group! We could not fool anyone!

2 comments:

  1. Well, from what I heard... any innocent wanderings may have been tarnished and misinterpreted after the Sex and Samosas reading :o^

    T

    ReplyDelete