The Streetwalker and spouse

The Streetwalker and spouse
Deep River Chinese New Year 2011

Club Heaman

Club Heaman

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Canada supports and hosts the Winter Olympics

Today I purchased my second pair of red Canada Olympic mitts! The first pair I bought for my daughter in Ottawa who said she could not find them at her local HBC as they were continually sold out. I thought a $10 investment in the Olympic games was a minor one but a visible one for me to make.I also donated another dollar.I plan to watch the opening and closing ceremonies and most of the events with Canada in them. I remember watching my first Olympic games on tv when we lived in England. That would have been in 1960 and we only had a black and white tv. The bobsled and the luge were the most fascinating.
I also remember going to Norway in 2004 seeing the site of the Lillehammer Olympic games. It was amazing to see how small the community of Lillehammer is yet is was still able to host the event with support from neighbouring communities. Looking forward to February 12th when the games begin

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment