The Streetwalker and spouse

The Streetwalker and spouse
Deep River Chinese New Year 2011

Club Heaman

Club Heaman

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Networking in Renfrew county

I belong to a variety of groups from "right wing" to "left wing" depending on the political or religious point of view of the group. I find that I blend into the culture of each group at a different level as I like to explore personalities and historical backgrounds. On a given day I can attend a "church group", a political event or a social event. Some of my friends are also part of the same groups. As women we tend to support other womens groups. One of the first groups I joined in Petawawa was WIN- Womens Initiative Network of Renfrew County. I was intrigued as a Pot luck dinner was advertised at the Petawawa Presbyterian Church in October 2001 to celebrate Womens History Month. The guest speaker was CB Pappin who talked about her mother coming from England as a child.
I met Barb Clarke at that event and heard the name JoAnne Brooks mentioned in relation to the Women's Sexual Assault Centre. To make a long story short JoAnne Brooks and I went to Waterloo Collegiate Institute school in Waterloo in the late 60's! I am still making those types of connections as I attended a meeting last night and mentioned Rainbow Heritage Garden to some attendees who were friends with the owners! This county is like a village!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment