The Streetwalker and spouse

The Streetwalker and spouse
Deep River Chinese New Year 2011

Club Heaman

Club Heaman

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"I saw your photo in the paper"

The old adage a picture is worth a thousand words is continually being reinforced as my publicity skills have more impact when I sent photos to the paper than when I just send a write up.I was away for about 10 days. When I returned several people said that their friends saw their picture in the paper. I was asked why I had not put the newspaper photos on the bulletin board... . The photo on my banner was taken by Jennifer Cummings the reporter at the Petawawa Post. She sent me the photo and gave permission for me to send it to the local daily paper the Pembroke Observer. It was published in colour at the back page so got people's attention. Our community is fortunate as we have a weekly paper that covers military community and other local events and a daily paper that also covers community events. Both papers encourage submissions from groups.
Let's celebrate community.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment